It was a kinda cool quarter though, now that I've got my hindsight glasses on. I've been fairly lucky so far, with library school. Some wise folks I know, who've gone to library school, have found the place to be riddled with jokesters, and really, really lame assignments. So far (fingers crossed and wood knocked) my group mates have been a mix of tolerable folks and an occasional Potential Race That Knows Joseph-er. And the work has been downright (here it comes, Dad) interesting. Even, fairly often, relevant. My main complaint has been time related, not having enough time to get stuff done without stressing.
But I learned some cool stuff this summer. In fact, I've complied a list! Bring on the bullet points!
- I wrote a marketing plan for a Tween and Teen Summer reading program
- I created an e-portfolio
- I learned about Facebook, and discovered many of you hang out there too
- I learned a whole lot about internet filtering
- I did a lot of research on services, collections and programming for Tweens
- and a whole bunch of other stuff that was pretty okay, but not worthy of it's own bullet point.